This Independence Day, Jill Bauer, QVC’s Home-Savvy Hostess, has the perfect patriotic décor tips to help celebrate America in style and she’s allowed me to share her easy peasy tutorial with you all. I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to make this craft! I think it will be one that my little girl will like to help me out with!
To make this Red, White and Blue Patriotic Clothespin Wreath, you’ll need:
- – 12” wire wreath
- – Red, white, and blue spray paint
- – Clothespins
- – Cardstock
- – Starpunch (I might use foam stars with my daughter)
- – Hot glue gun
- Spray paint the wire wreath white to hide the metal frame.
- On old newspapers or a drop cloth, line up all of the clothespins. Spray paint them red, white, and blue. (I did an equal amount in each color.) Let them dry for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, punch several stars out of the card stock. If you didn’t use white card stock, just spray paint the stars white and let them dry.
- Clip the clothespins onto the wire wreath, alternating them between the second and third rings. (I started with the red clothes pins, then did the white, and finished with the blue.)
- Hot glue the stars over the blue clothespins.
To see more crafty goodness visit Jill on QVC.
Here’s another easy patriotic wreath:
This is so cute, I think I need a new wreath!
Those are both super cute. I love the clothespin wreath, very creative!
That’s such a pretty decoration! I love the vibrant colors. Perfect timing for the 4th!
I have an entire box full of patriotic decorations, but still haven’t put them up. If I made a cute wreath, I might be more inspired.
So cute! I especially love the clothespin wreath – I can handle anything with a hot glue gun!